1 tsp Yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 cup Butter
1/2 cup Milk
3 cups Flour (you may need extra, i use about 1/2 cup extra plus more for dusting)
3 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
Chai Spice Mix
6 tsp Ground Ginger
4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp Ground Cardamom
2 tsp Ground Cloves
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Salt
5-6 tbsp Sugar
8 tbsp Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Milk
1 tbsp Chai Spice
1. Dissolve Sugar in Water and then mix in Yeast. Cover and let froth for 10 min.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to your bowl and mix well. If it feels too wet, add a bit more flour to pull it together. I was told you are looking for a Pie Crust consistency. ( Not a baker, so hopefully you get it!)
3. Cover the Bowl with Cling Film and let rest in the fridge over night.
4. Once ready to begin, preheat over to 350f.
5. Cut dough in half and roll out into 1/4” thick rectangle. Cut into Long, Narrow Triangles.
6. Brush on melted butter so that the spices and sugar have something to stick to. Sprinkle in good coverage of the spice mix and Sugar.
7. Roll the Scuffles from wide to narrow. Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. you will be able to fit 8-10 on a pan.
8. Bake for 20-25 min and cool on a wire rack. The scuffles should have just browned!
9. While baking, mix together your glaze. Thin it out if you wish, or thicken it up. All to what you want my friends!
10. Once cool, drizzle glaze over the Scuffle and begin the party!
Credit - Cory Walby - Bokashi Steel Pro Team Chef
Instagram - @saturday_night_test_kitchen